Probate issues

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
DavidSelby100

Probate issues

Post by DavidSelby100 »

Good morning Nigel and all,

Firstly thank you for the continued excellent and informative website.

After years of prevarication and the threat of legal proceedings we are now finally getting around to sorting out my parents house in Paphos. The problem i see is that my Dad died some twelve years ago and probate was never actioned because, we were told at the time, as we never had any title deeds nothing could be done!

Fast forward until today and it transpires that the executors "Century trust company Ltd" have dissolved along with the other named Solicitors on the Wills "Michael Zangoulos & Co Solicitors". The Wills at the time were arranged through "Michael, Liasides & Co Solicitors" based in Nicosia and now i cannot even find them...Is there any way of finding them?

If it transpires that they too are dissolved how can we action Probate?

We are looking to sell the property back to the developer and put everything down to a bad experience and know we cannot do this until the property is my Mums name...any advice anyone?

Best regards.

David Selby
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Probate issues

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Kalimera David & welcome to the forum.

There are two law firms in Nicosia with the name 'Liasides':

You can find the first at: http://www.cyprusbarassociation.org/v1/ ... ate-2/1569
The second at: http://www.cyprusbarassociation.org/v1/ ... ate-2/1568

It could be that one of these is the son/daughter of Michael Liasides and has taken over the practice. It would be worth contacting them to check.

You could also speak with the Bar Association to see if they know who took over their clients.

If you get nowhere, I suggest that you contact another law firm and explain the situation - you can find the list of lawyers provided by the British High Commission at https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... b_2017.pdf

Regards
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
DavidSelby100

Post by DavidSelby100 »

Hello Nigel.

Thankyou for coming back to me.

We have now instructed a firm of Solicitors who have confirmed that the Solicitors are dissolved as well. The new Solicitors will now have to apply for the "letters of Administration" and find the liquidators to get their authority for the new Solicitors to act as an Executor for my Dad to put it in my Mums name! All of this i guess will take time....

Fingers crossed once in my Mums name we can then negotiate tye Sale of the house back to the developer.

Best regards

David Selby
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello David

What is the name of the property development company? I may have information about the liquidators.

Regards
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
DavidSelby100

Post by DavidSelby100 »

Good morning Nigel,

The Solicitor we used was Michael, Liasides & Co Solicitors & Advocates PO Box 7406, 1065 Nicosia Cyprus. The other Solicitors on the Will are Michael Zangoulos & Co Solicitors & Advocates, Viochrom Building, 2nd Floor 12 Dimitsanis St, Nicosia Cyprus and finally the executors were Century Trust Co Ltd, Viochrom Building, 2nd Floor 12 Dimitsanis St, Nicosia Cyprus.

The last two i know are dissolved but the first Solicitors i can't find anywhere.

Many thanks

David Selby
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi David

In an earlier message you mentioned that new Solicitors will now have to ... find the liquidators. I thought you meant the liquidators of the property development company? I expect that the firms you mentioned have been dissolved.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth