Building Construction Cost for non-residential project

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
rhynow

Building Construction Cost for non-residential project

Post by rhynow »

Dear All,

I'm new to this forum and new to the general architectural/constructional side of story in Nicosia, Cyprus.

I'd like to ask for help on cost information regarding to a potential cultural project in Nicosia that's roughly

- 25,000 sqm in total areas (including underground car park, which is approx. 8,500 sqm over 2 floors);
- excavation vs building construction;
- the site has been purchased so purely for construction of buildings;

The building will be for exhibition (majority part)/education and light retail/restaurant.

Please provide a general idea of cost if possible.

Thank you so much!
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Building Construction Cost for non-residential project

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi rhynow and welcome to the forum.

I don't know whether anyone here will be able to help. But I came across the website of a building contractor in Paphos that gave construction costs for building a concrete and steel house - €800 - €1,500/m2.

I haven't seen any figures for non-residential property. But I expect it will be less than the construction cost of a house.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

rhynow wrote:Dear All,

I'm new to this forum and new to the general architectural/constructional side of story in Nicosia, Cyprus.

I'd like to ask for help on cost information regarding to a potential cultural project in Nicosia that's roughly

- 25,000 sqm in total areas (including underground car park, which is approx. 8,500 sqm over 2 floors);

The building will be for exhibition (majority part)/education and light retail/restaurant.

Thank you so much!
Seriously? For such a major project you are not going to find any answers here for sure. A basic €/m2 is not enough and if you took such a value you are very much likely to be miles out.

If you are going to make such an investment you need professional help. Your architect would be a good place to start followed by a QS.

Good luck with it, but I feel you are in the wrong place.

Let us know how you get on.

Perhaps I should add, which area of Nicosia, in the free areas or occupied?? This would also impact on costs.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
rhynow

Post by rhynow »

Pantheman wrote:

Thank you so much!
Seriously? For such a major project you are not going to find any answers here for sure. A basic €/m2 is not enough and if you took such a value you are very much likely to be miles out.

If you are going to make such an investment you need professional help. Your architect would be a good place to start followed by a QS.

Perhaps I should add, which area of Nicosia, in the free areas or occupied?? This would also impact on costs.
Thanks for that!

Yes I figure that would be the most appropriate way to do things but I was just doing some very basic research to start with so...

That's very interesting the point you added in the end. What's the free area vs the occupied? I believe the site is potentially in the government building areas west of the old city wall.
rhynow

Post by rhynow »

Nigel Howarth wrote:Hi rhynow and welcome to the forum.

I don't know whether anyone here will be able to help. But I came across the website of a building contractor in Paphos that gave construction costs for building a concrete and steel house - €800 - €1,500/m2.

I haven't seen any figures for non-residential property. But I expect it will be less than the construction cost of a house.

Regards,
Thanks!

I don't believe that the cost of such a building type would be less than a house though. Thanks for the input nevertheless.
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

rhynow wrote:
Pantheman wrote:

Thank you so much!

Thanks for that!

Yes I figure that would be the most appropriate way to do things but I was just doing some very basic research to start with so...

That's very interesting the point you added in the end. What's the free area vs the occupied? I believe the site is potentially in the government building areas west of the old city wall.
The occupied is an illegal occupied state and is subject to political dispute even as we speak. If you are investing in the occupied areas, you may stand to loose your investment in case of any potential solution.

Also the rules regarding buildings and costs will be different.
I am surprised you don't know where this plot is, if indeed it is yours.

But good luck anyway.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com