Registering for IPT

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Wrinklymel

Registering for IPT

Post by Wrinklymel »

Hi Nigel,

We do not have title deeds yet for the property we acquired in 2011. This was a new build development containing over 100 apartments. The developer paid the 2011, 2012 and 2013 IPT and then charged this back to us.

We have been chasing him since then as we understand that we are liable ourselves to pay the 2014, 2015 and 2016 tax. He has finally got around to filling out the TD318A form which tells the tax office about our portion of the development.

We have been told that we have to register for a tax number by filling out form TD2001. I understand that this form is quite recent and replaces IR163A.

I am a bit baffled by the form as it is not clear and I was wondering if anyone has any experience of filling out this new form....?

Specifically, the section B4 question which asks us to choose the type of identification number that we have. Our developer has put an identification number on TD318A which corresponds to our UK passport number which is fine, but section B4 seems to be asking us for a tax number?

Also, in sections C8 and D2, the questions are about our main business address and activity. Do these apply to us if we are only paying IPT?

And finally, the form is asking us for our bank details - are these mandatory?

Any help would be gratefully received!!
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Registering for IPT

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Wrinklymel

The law changed in 2014 and you should have advised the Tax Department then - see http://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers. ... id=0039392

Form TD2001 was introduced last year and replaces forms I.R.162 and I.R.163.

When you complete the form tick box 2. d "Immovable Property / Capital Gains Tax" so that you will only be charged Immovable Property Tax and Capital Gains Tax.

In B4 under 'Persons who do not fall into the above categories' enter your NI Number & tick the box 'SOCIAL INSURANCE'. (in GB passport numbers, unlike NI numbers, change and can lead to confusion).

Complete the other parts of the form as directed - including bank details.

You may download a blank form from http://www.mof.gov.cy/mof/taxdep.nsf/Al ... nou_EN.pdf

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Wrinklymel

Re: Registering for IPT

Post by Wrinklymel »

Thanks for this Nigel. The form asks for a copy/official confirmation - I don't know what would be acceptable for this. The developer forwarded an email from the tax office that says we need to give them a copy of our passport but obviously that doesn't have our NI number on it....