Reclaiming IPT

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
pc13

Reclaiming IPT

Post by pc13 »

Hi Nigel,

Could you possibly assist me again please?

In 2014 I submitted several forms to reclaim the IPT paid by our Developer. I'm not in Cyprus at the moment but some friends have been to chase it up for me as we've still not received our refund. They've now been told we need to submit a new form which they've got for me to sign.

Does this sound right? Several of our neighbours received their refunds last year - we all submitted them at the same time using the same forms.

I know it takes forever to get things done in Cyprus but they can't even tell whereabouts in the system we are.

Could you give any advice in this matter?

Many thanks
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Reclaiming IPT

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi pc13

Can you let m ehave the reference number of the form please? It's probably at the bottom left hand corner.

Rgds
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
pc13

Post by pc13 »

HI,

There isn't a number on the form itself but they gave my friends a copy of the "answer form" which has number E246 on the top right. It seems to be a reiteration of all the information that we have already given them in the forms submitted in 2014.

Hoping you can advise.

Many thanks
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi pc13

E246 is a new one on me. I've scoured the Internet and can find no reference to the form.

I've just sent you an email asking if you can send me a scanned copy.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
nd299

Post by nd299 »

Havent heard of E246 either.

In my recent experience the relevant form is I.R. 314
Link to form in Tax Department's website:
http://www.mof.gov.cy/mof/TaxDep.nsf/Al ... enDocument

(unfortunately in Greek only)

However, I note importantly that the form was amended a few months ago, with the addition of prerequisite item e) at the end of the form, translated as:
e) Confirmation from Land Registry that the property transfer "realised" the sale contract (????)

This was not required in the previous form, and (wild guess) I imagine the Tax Department will simply not process any of the applications with the previous form that are missing this document. Nor will they call to notify you that it's missing (again a wild guess)

Good luck
Nick