Evidence of intention to permanently relocate to Cyprus

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
AlethrikoPD

Evidence of intention to permanently relocate to Cyprus

Post by AlethrikoPD »

I would really appreciate any guidance readers can give to my dilemma. I have owned a house in Alethriko since 2010 and as a UK citizen I now wish to exercise my right to re-locate permanently to Cyprus. However, the following stands in my way.

My house in the UK is affected by the new high-speed rail line – a tunnel is prospered to be built directly under the house. I will not be served with a statutory notice, so I am applying under what is called the ‘Need to Sell’ scheme, which means I have to prove that I will be adversely affected if I cannot sell my house in the next three years (My house has already up for sale for nearly four years without a single viewing!)

HS2 have now rejected my application on the basis that ‘whilst the decision-maker acknowledged the applicant's comment that he has "no further evidence regarding my intention to reside in Cyprus, as Cyprus is in the EU, and I therefore can simply move as soon as I am ready", the decision-maker would have liked to have seen documentary evidence to support an intention to permanently relocate internationally within the next three years.’

I would welcome any suggestions as to evidence that I might obtain as I am not willing to book a further container for the remainder of my possessions, and make other arrangements, etc. until I know that my UK house will be bought by them.

Many thanks for our consideration.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Evidence of intention to permanently relocate to Cyprus

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi AlethrikoPD and welcome to the forum.

I personally have no idea of how you can prove your intention to move to Cyprus - perhaps HS2 could advise?

You could move here temporarily and register with the Tax Department as being resident for tax purposes, but I don't know if this would satisfy HS2.

I don't know if submitting the Title Deed, tax demands, etc. for your property in Cyprus would help.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

The best way to do this is to live here for 3 months straight and apply for your yellow slip which is for permanent residency.

This is the only sure way of proving intentional relocation.

You need to visit the immigration office that will tell you what documents you need to register. Good luck.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
AlethrikoPD

Post by AlethrikoPD »

Thanks guys.

HS2 give no guidance, their job seems to be to hang on to Govt funds!!! I have provided evidence of ownership like sale agreement.

I agree that visiting Immigration dept in Larnaka makes sense. Registering for tax purposes in Cyprus but still being resident in the UK for tax purposes (due to days still there) may cause confusions. Does living here straight mean no visits to the UK during the three months as not quite ready yet but could manage that soon?
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

AlethrikoPD wrote:Does living here straight mean no visits to the UK during the three months
No.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
AlethrikoPD

Post by AlethrikoPD »

Thanks Nigel, I will have a chat with the Immigration office.