Settled loan with Alpha, waiting for my title deeds.

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
andy0101

Settled loan with Alpha, waiting for my title deeds.

Post by andy0101 »

Hi Nigel

I am after a bit of advice, I settled my CHF mortgage with Alpha in December.

I have paid for my title deeds and the bank held them as I had a mortgage on them.

I was informed they had applied to the land registry to remove the mortgage from my title deeds and that I woul receive them in a couple of months to my UK address.

I am still waiting for my title deeds and emailed Alpha to which they replied I need to contact the land registry for copies?

Where will the deeds be sent after the bank has applied for the mortgage to be removed?

Is it my responsibility to retrieve them from the land registry?

I am unsure of my position in this situation.

Kind regards

Andy
Pantheman

Re: Settled loan with Alpha, waiting for my title deeds.

Post by Pantheman »

Hi Andy,

First thing do not worry. getting copies of the titles is easy, since they are only a record of whats held on the LR database.

In my opinion, the bank should have just returned the documents they had on file to you once the mortgage had been removed. I am not familiar with the LR sending out new copies without first an application for them.

In any case, unless the LR has your UK address, they will probably send them (if they are going to at all) to the address they have in Cyprus.

Even if they were to get lost, they are only copies. When you next come to Cyp you can just go the LR and request a new copy or two!

When I settled my own mortgage (BoC), they just handed back what they had once all the formalities at the LR were completed.

Ask the bank (best to call) and ask them to return the documents they have on file. See what they say to that. If they direct you to the LR, just tell them a small porkie that you did and that they said to ask you.

Good luck
Last edited by Pantheman on 07 Sep 2016 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
andy0101

Post by andy0101 »

Thanks for your reply.

That's put my mind at rest as was worried they may be originals, I'll apply to the land registry for copies.

Thanks again

Andy
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Andy

I had to get 'copies' of my deeds when I applied to have my house added to them. I went to the Land Registry and paid - and took the receipt with me to the office where they produced them. They ran off five copies of the deed and the cadastral plan while I waited. It took less than 10 minutes.

That was in the Limassol Land Registry, I don't know how the others work.

Unless it's a photocopy as far as I know there are no 'copies' of Title Deeds. The Land Registry prints them all on pre-printed stationery.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news