PAYMENTS TO DEVELOPER

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
billeva

PAYMENTS TO DEVELOPER

Post by billeva »

Hi Nigel,
I have just spoken to my developer A.Chaholis, in Ayia Napa, they say I must pay for certain payments they have made on my behalf ie IPT, before they will release my deeds. My question is what other fees am I duty bound to pay other than IPT, the developer stated sewage fees ect.
Regards
David
Pantheman

Re: PAYMENTS TO DEVELOPER

Post by Pantheman »

I would be very suspicious that this developer has any deeds to issue.

Before you make any payments you should ask to see the deed for your property in his name otherwise you will just pay and get nothing.

On top of that make sure he has no other encumbrances on the land otherwise he cannot transfer to you anyway.

Good luck.

P.S. You may well be liable to make those payments, but make them when you will get your deeds.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
billeva

Post by billeva »

Hi Again,
My solicitors inform me the progress of my deeds are going well, to the fact that the land registry has sent the relevant paperwork to my developers and they have 30 days to reply, (28 days have now passed). When you mention that I should be suspicious that the developers have any deeds to issue, can you explain what you mean please.
Regards
David
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Of all the properties this developer has built, I don't know a single person who has been issued with a deed.

My understanding is that there are large debts on this company and thus deeds may not be issued.

I would very interested to know what your solicitor meant when he said 'they are going well', and where he got his information from regarding this.

First thing you could ascertain via your solicitor is, has there been a final certificate issued for your complex??

If not, forget it.

When you say title deeds progressing well, is this by work the developer is doing or via the application of the new law??

Please define
FSB Properties Ltd
billeva

Post by billeva »

This is the statement from my Solicitor today

Please note that I have contacted Mr. Kikis (00357 24803196) from Land Registry. Mr. Kikis has informed me that they sent the decision to Chacholis. Chacholis has 30 days in order to do objection. As he has informed me they have passed already 28 days. After that, they remain some internally procedural matters and then the title deeds will be issued. At this stage, you will receive a letter from Land Registry that it starts the review of your application.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi billeva

The letter from your lawyer sounds promising. Please keep us updated on progress.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

billeva wrote:This is the statement from my Solicitor today

Please note that I have contacted Mr. Kikis (00357 24803196) from Land Registry. Mr. Kikis has informed me that they sent the decision to Chacholis. Chacholis has 30 days in order to do objection. As he has informed me they have passed already 28 days. After that, they remain some internally procedural matters and then the title deeds will be issued. At this stage, you will receive a letter from Land Registry that it starts the review of your application.
OK, I hear you, and it all sounds good, but when you say issued, you do not specify to whom they will be issued, you or the developer??

Because if they are issued to the developer you still have other hurdles to jump before they come to you. I am guessing that if the land registry are saying to be issued that they do in fact mean to the developer!!!

Good Luck all the same and let us know when you know more. I would be very interested in this.
FSB Properties Ltd
billeva

Post by billeva »

Thanks I will keep you informed, on a side note does anyone know the specific email address of a person at the paralimni land registry, I think I have copied the wrong address, what I have is - eeleftheriou@paapd.mof.gov.cy

I think there is something not correct in the address. The address is for me to get my IPT & JCC SMART REF NUMBER
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi billeva

You should have registered your interest in the property with the Tax Department - they should be able to advise you of the 1980 value of the property on which IPT has been calculated (not the Land Registry). You can find email addresses at http://www.mof.gov.cy/mof/TaxDep.nsf/Al ... ment&print

Contact telephone numbers at http://www.mof.gov.cy/mof/taxdep.nsf/Al ... penElement

I have my doubts if they will release the information by email/phone.

If you can let me know how much IPT you paid in 2014 or 2015 - and whether you bought in joint names - I can probably work it out.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
billeva

Post by billeva »

As promised, IPT paid today is for up to 31/10/2016 is 61.74 euros. (upto date means discounted cost) after this date the cost is 67.91 euros
The direct email address for your JCC SMART REF number is

eeleftheriou@papd.mof.gov.cy
You will need your name and full address in Cyprus.
Regards
Dave.
billeva

Post by billeva »

Ok , Title deeds are at the land registry and ready for issuing, I need to pay ipt back payments as the L/R has bypassed Chacholis. Just waiting for 1980 valuation. All systems go
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

That's excellent news billeva - that's how the system is supposed to work. I guess your property is in Larnaca?

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
billeva

Post by billeva »

Hi Nigel,
No my house is in Ayia Thekla NEAR SOTIRA FAMAGUSTA