Payment of IPT 2016 via JC Smart

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Payment of IPT 2016 via JC Smart

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Pantheman wrote:Yes the full amount is shown, but depending upon when you pay the tax offices will apply the appropriate discount.
I have our IPT notices in front of me - one for me & one for my wife.

The entry "Σύμφωνα με τα στοιχεία που έχω στη διάθεσή μου, η φορολογητέα αξία της Ακίνητης Ιδιοκτησία σας κατά την 1.1.2016 ήταν" (According to the information available to me, the taxable value of your immovable property on 1.1.2016 was) is €30,000 on each.

Similarly the entry "Φόρος Ακίνητης Ιδιοκτησίας που επιβάλλεται σύμφωνα με τους συντελεστές που καθορίζονται από το Νόμο" (Immovable Property Tax is levied according to the rates fixed by law) is €180.00 on each.

The 1980 value of our property as shown on its deed is €60,000.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Nigel Howarth wrote:
Pantheman wrote:Yes the full amount is shown, but depending upon when you pay the tax offices will apply the appropriate discount.
I have our IPT notices in front of me - one for me & one for my wife.

The entry "Σύμφωνα με τα στοιχεία που έχω στη διάθεσή μου, η φορολογητέα αξία της Ακίνητης Ιδιοκτησία σας κατά την 1.1.2016 ήταν" (According to the information available to me, the taxable value of your immovable property on 1.1.2016 was) is €30,000 on each.

Similarly the entry "Φόρος Ακίνητης Ιδιοκτησίας που επιβάλλεται σύμφωνα με τους συντελεστές που καθορίζονται από το Νόμο" (Immovable Property Tax is levied according to the rates fixed by law) is €180.00 on each.

The 1980 value of our property as shown on its deed is €60,000.

Regards,
Yes as I said the full amount is shown on the form, when you go to the take office or via JCCSmart the deduction will be made and you will pay accordingly. I'm not sure why you quoted the above items.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Pan

The full amount isn't shown on my forms. The full amount is €60,000 but each of the forms only shows €30,000.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Nigel Howarth wrote:Hi Pan

The full amount isn't shown on my forms. The full amount is €60,000 but each of the forms only shows €30,000.

Regards,
Nigel, when I said the full amount I was referring to the amount of tax payable, not the valuation.

The tax office cannot issue a bill with a discounted amount because as I said depending upon when you pay it the appropriate discount is applied.

Ex. Valuation is 30,000 per person say. The Bill will say: Tax due is 180.00 per person. So if I pay before 31/10/16 the tax office applies 75% discount.

If I pay by 31/11/16 a 72.5% discount is applied. if I pay later no discount and if I am late a penalty is added.

This is what I have been trying to say. Unless I misunderstood the original posting.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Pan,

I think what PeelMan meant when he said that their invoice "show 100% of the property value for each of us instead of an equal split" was that they showed the full 1980 value of the property rather than a 50% split.

Using my case as an example (1980 value €60,000) each of PeelMan's demands shows €60,000 rather than €30,000.

Maybe he will confirm - I may have misunderstood as well.

Cheers,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
PeelMan

Post by PeelMan »

Hi Nigel

You are correct as each of the 2016 IPT invoices showed 100% of the 1980 property value.

I went to the Tax Office this morning and a visit to "Room 101" saw the invoices corrected for payment. Also, the amended invoices each allowed for a credit of 10% of the 2015 IPT that I had paid when the discount was 10% instead of the final 20%. Then at the cashiers department I duly received the 75% early payment discount for 2016.

Hats off to the Paphos Tax Department for this excellent service.

Kind regards

Henry
PeelMan

Post by PeelMan »

Hi again Nigel

Just to say that I am registered with jccsmart and paid on line last year. However, I was unable to access my IPT info. this year and that together with the invoicing errors led to my trip to the Tax Office.

Kind regards

Henry