Certificate of Final Approval

Do you have a problem getting your Title Deeds?
Esmeralda

Re: Certificate of Final Approval

Post by Esmeralda »

I'm confusing the heck out of myself with all this!

I haven't managed to catch my neighbour yet to check his Deeds but if it says I have 380 sqm out of a total of 1087 sqm- well my contract is for 400 sqm so where did the rest go to !! Also, the paper from the Land Registry says its land with one haroupia (sp.) I looked it up and it means carob? Why would it say this - there are no carob trees on the land?

If I go to the Land Registry in Limassol will I be able to get this explained to me? Also, can they look and tell me if building permits and certificates of final approval etc have been issued/applied for?

Thanks
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi E,

You're doing a pretty good job at confusing me as well :)

It used to be the case that you could own the land, but someone else could on the trees on that land. But I understand the law was changed some years ago and this is no longer the case. I suspect having 'χαρούπιa' on your Title Deed is a hangover from that time - even though there are no longer Carobs growing on the land.

(Incidentally, in recent years Carob trees have been included in the Forest Legislation and a permit from the Forestry Department is required to cut down a Carob tree).

I suspect that you may have lost some of the land to provide access/pavements/roads - but you will not know precisely what you have until the land is split into two plots and Title Deeds issued for each. In the meantime, it maybe worthwhile speaking with the developer.

It will be better if you speak with the Planning Authority on the progress of the Certificate of Final Approval as it's to this department that the developer will submit the application. (The Land Registry only get to hear about it once the Certificate has been issued - so if it's not been applied for or the inspection is still in the pipeline, they'll not know about it). There's a page on my website that explains how things work - you can find it at: http://www.cyprus-property-buyers.com/law/planning.htm

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda »

OK, I hope I can clear up some confusion :)

After a chat with my neighbour at the weekend and a look at his title deeds which thankfully were in English - he has the remaining 707 sqm of the 1087 plot.

The plot is not divided yet because our developer is still building the final house in the development.

So I assume once thats built he will get our plots divided and then we can proceed from there!

I'm off to the land registry this week just to check it out.

Funnily, our neighbour also mentions a carob tree which they don't have either.

Regarding the missing amount of land, there was some confusion with our other cypriot neighbour at the start over where the boundary wall should be and I think he ended up with our "missing" sqm. Its nothing to do with the access roads.

Let's see how it goes at the land registry - thanks for all your help so far.

Krgds
Esmeralda
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

You're welcome Esmeralda

My last post has a link to a description of the planning system, with approximate timescales of each stage in the process.

I visited the Limassol Land Registry a few weeks ago to get copies of my Title Deeds and cadastral plans. Apart from the queues in the reception area, the people I saw in the offices were very helpful and efficient - I was in and out in half an hour.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news