Land registry Queries re Deeds

Do you have a problem getting your Title Deeds?
Peyia

Land registry Queries re Deeds

Post by Peyia »

Hi Nigel wonder if either you or any of your members can point me in the right direction.

I am a member of the owners committee at Peyia Paradise and have been assigned the task of pursuing the title deeds for all properties on the complex (50).
I have been working on this for some time as you can imagine however I am now at the stage where I have managed to get everything permits/certificates etc issued by Peyia Municipality and our application is with the Land Registry.

When I enquired with the LR re timescales for the deeds I have been advised that there are 5 steps to getting deeds ie

1.Application registered - file ref allocated
2.Surveying dept
3.Drawing dept
4.Local enquiries
5.Deeds issued

Does anyone know if the above is correct ?

I was then advised that our application has passed stage 1 and is now in the surveying backlog.However if our owners wish to pay a fee for an independent surveyor to complete the surveying process then we can.

I was advised we can use any bona fide surveyor to do this.
I rang Hadjidemosthenous who has confirmed that this was now the case and would be prepared to do the work for us for a fee of approx 300 euros (entire complex of 50 dwellings).

I have not been able to establish exactly how much time this would save us.

Do you have any members that have any experience of this new procedure ?

Do you have any details of surveyors independent to Hadji that I might be able to contact to discuss further.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Elaine
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Land registry Queries re Deeds

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello Elaine and welcome to the forum,

I've just email you a list of surveyors who are by the Lands and Surveys Department to carry out this work. I know that there is a long waiting list and it will probably take at least a year if you waited for the Land and Survey people to do it for you.

Kind regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Molly

Post by Molly »

Hi Nigel

Are the above steps, that Elaine has mentioned, correct in getting Title Deeds, in that order?

Regards

Molly
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Molly,

You can find a blow by blow account of the planning process and the timescales involved on my website at: http://www.cyprus-property-buyers.com/law/planning.htm

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Molly

Post by Molly »

Thanks Nigel :)