Painting of complex

Questions about living in properties with shared/common facilities
michelle22cat

Painting of complex

Post by michelle22cat »

Hi,

I purchased my apartment in 2007 and as part of the Sale Contract we didn't notice that communal block painting was the responsibility of the owners. We pay a service charge of 700 euro a year, which doesn't cover this.

The developer has obtained quotes to carry out the painting but there has been a very mixed response, with some owners getting their own quotes. I don't think this will work out, as the complex will look a mess with some blocks painted and others not etc etc.

The developer is going to suggest that everyone sets up a monthly payment, with a view to painting the complex next year but I know it will be near on impossible to get everyone to agree or pay up. I think owners resent paying the money out basically, but the complex is starting to look very tired.

Has anyone come across this problem?

I have even thought about trying to set up some sort of bank account that we can all pay into to provided re-assurance re accessing our money, but there are 24 owners so this may be impractical.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :roll:

Michelle
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Painting of complex

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Michelle

My apologies - I've only just spotted your post.

All the 'owners' need to contribute to the external painting of the block as it's part of the jointly-owned property.

I see that your developer is looking after matters at the moment - there's something in your contract I believe? When this expires you need to set up a Management Committee to run things. Someone else was asking about a similar problem a few days ago, the information there may help - http://www.cyprus-property-buyers.com/f ... f=37&t=916

There's also an article by Louise Zambartas that explains about Management Committees at http://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers. ... /id=003397

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news